Thursday, September 8, 2011

Depart from Drama

Oh come on!  Who really likes cheese that much?  Wah, Wah, Wahhhhhh.  Cry me a river of caesin!  So it has become quite apparent that Josh (formerly Mr. Granola)  will not give up the Cheddar.  Well as it may be I made a quick and delicious veggie pizza that was very economical and could stand on its own without cheese!  I was in a hurry so I just grabbed some pizza dough from Trader Joe's.  The total bill for making the pizza was $8.75- however I do have enough mushrooms and pesto for another pizza.  That would make the cost around $6.35. That's a steal considering a similar pizza at our local pizza cafe is about $17!  It was great to just be able to pick of the dough- however I am still kinda iffy about the ingredients.  It said it was vegan and Trader Joe's is usually pretty good, I would still like to learn to make my own bread and pizza dough though.  Does anyone know of any good recipes for the layman baker?

In other culinary adventures I also made my first pureed soup today!  By request I made a roasted butternut squash soup from Vegan with a Vengeance.  This was also my first time working with butternut squash- and I think I'm in love!  Defintely more soups to come as the weather gets cooler.

And lastly I must address our last FAIL.  Earlier this week I made what I thought was a normal batch of beans (16 oz dried).  However, no matter how many leftovers we ate they WOULDN'T die!!!  Let's just say it hasn't been pretty.  Josh's exact words were "Ohhhh man!  I am blogging this!  Being a vegetarian isn't all glamour and high fives!"  In the future I will NEVER make that many beans at once- unless we are hosting a bean party.  

P.S.  After further review I won't be posting the before and after of the beans...its not a pretty site...

No comments:

Post a Comment