Saturday, September 17, 2011



`As of today the wedding is officially a week away so you can imagine how crazy things have been.  At one point I was afraid we were going to have to find another venue!  However everything is worked out now, and things are moving along smoothly. 

Today I went to our local Saturday Organic Farmers Market and picked up some eggplant, okra, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, basil, muscadines, some black bean hummus, fresh milk, and some homemade cornbread.
I know I totally caved on the milk….it is definitely a luxury…BUT I didn’t get any of the fresh raw artesian cheeses..having said that..we have eaten some cheese this week.  However cutting back from cheese twice a day to  twice a week is a big step!

Josh and I have compromised on the pizza with the Basil Ricotta recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance!  I made a batch at the beginning of the week and we have incorporated it into several dishes this week.  It was really great because sometimes I’m lazy and I don’t feel like making tofu more than once a week (the pressing!!) so I can just throw in the “ricotta” and viola!  (the ricotta is made with tofu, nutritional, yeast, fresh basil and a few other things) 

I’ve encountered myself using a lot of vegetable stock recently.   So today I decided to use all of my “juicing” veggies and make a homemade stock.  I used carrots, tomatoes, onions, celery, garlic, zucchini,  kale, salt, pepper, and cumin.  It turned out great.  I saved about 3 cups of it to use this week and I froze the rest in ice cube trays.  Very economical and I’m sure much tastier.    





So see if you can spot a difference in these two pics...

Our first child Maisy wanted to check out the Farmer's Market digs...you dig?



We also cooked dinner a few times...
This being a delicious butternut squash quinoa, fried tofu, and a raw zucchini salad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment